Dear ISMI Patients,
ISMI has been committed to following the most up-to-date guidelines for safety throughout the pandemic. The recent updates from local and national guidelines have begun to lift requirements for masking. These guidelines do come with some exceptions, which includes ongoing masking in healthcare facilities and encouraged masking for high risk populations (immunosuppressed, pregnancy, and other co-morbidities such as asthma that could put an individual at higher risk of severe illness).
In light of these recommendations and in an effort to both keep patients safe while also providing quality physical therapy care at ISMI, the following is the most up to date masking policy at ISMI which will begin on 3/21/22.
– Masking will still be required in exam rooms for providers, patients, and support staff where air flow is limited (including PT exam rooms)
– Masking will be optional in the physical therapy gym with the plan to keep doors open and fans running to promote air flow
– Masks are still encouraged for high risk groups as noted above
– When checking in for physical therapy, please let the receptionist know if you would like your physical therapist to wear a mask and we will be happy to accommodate this.
– Masks will be available at reception, as well as in physical therapy for those who wish to utilize a mask
We recognize that the COVID situation is constantly changing and we will do our best to adjust our policies based on case numbers and risk. We appreciate your flexibility and cooperation during these unprecedented times.
Idaho Sports Medicine Institute